A look into my life.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Pecha Kucha

PechaKucha 20x20 is a simple presentation format where you show 20 images, each for 20 seconds. The images forward automatically and you talk along to the images. I created a PechaKucha about Math, since I one day hope to teach math classes.






The way I went about making this was to find pictures and put them into Microsoft Powerpoint, once I had my 20 pictures in on 20 different slides I saved in a jpeg format.  I, then, downloaded  PhotoStory and imported the 20 picture slides that I saved and created a photo story customizing my motion and timing and adding voice.  So I set it to no motion and 20 seconds per slide, then put my voice recording over each slide and saved it into yet another format, .wmv, so that I could upload the video to YouTube.


I found this assignment to be fun, even though I dont like hearing my voice recorded and played back.  I enjoyed looking for pictures and putting narrative with them and hope that using fun pictures can keep the attention of students.  I would use this again in the future and I believe it is a fun way to learn about things for students.  Students like videos and pictures and any break from the common lecture, notes, homework routine.



ISTE NETS T #2 - Design & Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences & Assessments. (A) Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment