A look into my life.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Self-Grading Forms

We were asked to create a form that is self grading.  I also found a blog that gives you more directions in making a self- grading form:  Self-grading multiple-choice tests with Google Docs  I found this bloggers directions to be very helpful and easy to follow.
Here is my form: Math Quiz



Here is my spreadsheet: Math Quiz Spreadsheet/Grades


How neat is it that you can create a quiz that grades itself for you?  I thought that making a survey was cool.  I used Google Docs to create a Form that was self-grading.  I made it a 5 question math quiz similar to what questions one would find on the ACT. 

Just like when I made the survey, you are able to add themes to your self-grading quiz in order to make it more visibly appealing to those who are taking it.  Help text is also an option to make it easier for your participants to answer your questions. 

Once you have a form/quiz made, you can share it with the public or if you’d rather you could share it with your choice of people.  I chose to share mine with the public.  When I clicked Share on Google Docs I made it open to the public so that you didn’t have to be a Google Docs user or logged into your Google account to fill it out.  I shared it with my Google circle, emailed it to a few students in my class, and posted the link on Facebook in order to get a good number of responses.
Here’s the cool part.  Once a student submits their responses, you can write a formula in the spreadsheet that will grade their answers for you and even give you a percentage!  See my spreadsheet (above) for grading examples.

I went above and beyond on this due to all of the excited participants who were eager to learn. You have the option of changing the message people receive after completing the quiz. Well, I made a Google Docs Presentation containing the answer and the work to get the answers, so that people can see how they did. This will be useful when I use this with my 7th & 8th grade classes that I am observing with because after they take the quiz we can go over it together as a class with a Slideshow presentation.



ISTE NETS T - Standard 1 & 2- Standard 1. During this activity, students are expected to complete an assignment using digital tools, technology system and media (Google Forms). Students are expected to be active in their own learning and understanding of the content. Digital communication aides in the advancement of resources and support. Standard 2. Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments. This assignment was to design and develop an assessment digitally.

No comments:

Post a Comment