A look into my life.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Revisit Resume

For a previous assignment, I created my resume in Google Docs. 

For this assignment we are asked to find a free service or use RezScore to evaluate our resumes.

Here is my score (snipped with Snipping Tool!) :

I’ve never scored a resume before, it’s a good idea.  It is like someone proofreading it before you use it.   I scored “good” on my resume.  Some suggestions that the website had for me was to make it longer, remove objective & replace with a professional header, and to capitalize PowerPoint correctly.  I plan on at least correcting the second two things.  When it comes to making it longer, I think I will just have to wait on more experiences and things to come into my life so that I can add them to my resume.  

I went back in after completing this assignment to Google Docs and corrected the issues.  I removed the objective and placed a heading, fixed PowerPoint capitalization, and added a couple more employment highlights.  I have yet to re-score my resume, but plan to before I turn it in to someone as I feel this is a beneficial service.

 ISTE Nets T standard 3 section.  I used past knowledge and applied it to a new technology in order to modify my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment