A look into my life.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Self Portrait


In this assignment we were asked to create a self portrait in the style of Pablo Picasso.  I went to the Picassohead website and began to create.  I usually find myself to be fairly creative, but I felt like my creativity was being lessened due to the fact that there weren’t very many options.  In spite of the lack of piece and color options, I pressed on.  I looked up Picasso style, as I do not remember exactly what Picasso was all about and what his pieces looked like. 

Picasso Style:  In this style, the outlines are profiles, but the features are seen frontally too, which is impossible in real circumstances. This dual angle of vision had been familiar in Picasso's art since the 1920s. It occurred in figure portrayals that combined the dissociative and the figurative principles.

This is how my self portrait turned out - Ms. Bland by Ms. B: Picassohead



I found that the more I messed around with it, the more creative I got.  I actually made a previous Picasso head prior to this one that I didn’t like once I completed it.  Then I created this one and forgot to hit save and had to remake it again, adding some more details.   I ended up keeping with the Picasso style and using a profile as well as frontal facing features.  As you can tell from my self portrait, I like the color pink and want to be a math teacher.  Also I have brown hair and sometimes my eyes look blue and sometimes they look green.  

ISTE Nets T Standards 1A, 1C, & 3A.  This assignment promoted creativity while allowing for self reflection.  It also provided the opportunity for us to demonstrate our ability to apply past knowledge with a new concept or digital tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment