A look into my life.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Personality – Blog Post #1

I started this assignment by Reading this.  By deciding on my preference in each of the four categories I proclaim to be an ENTJ which means:
ENTJ – Extraversion, Intuition, Thinking, Judging Frank, decisive, assume leadership readily. Quickly see illogical and inefficient procedures and policies, develop and implement comprehensive systems to solve organizational problems. Enjoy long-term planning and goal setting. Usually well informed, well read. Enjoy expanding their knowledge and passing it on to others. Forceful in presenting their ideas.

I am definitely an ENTJ.  I am very decisive and frank, however, I don’t tend to assume leadership among peers – rather among students I am teaching.  I do feel that I see illogical and inefficient procedures and policies quickly and find myself developing plans and organization to correct those problems.  I love helping people organize themselves and can’t stand an unorganized office, desk, room, etc.  I am 110% a long-term planner and goal setter.  With my past running experiences and my future teaching experiences, planning and goal setting were and are very necessary.   I consider myself to be well read and informed and I do enjoy sharing what I know with others.  I love learning, whether it be me or someone else learning from me – hence the desire to be a teacher.  The description of an ENTJ basically fits me perfectly.

The other website, Keirsey.com, labeled me as a Field Marshal:
Hardly more than two percent of the total population, Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups. In some cases, they simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened. But the reason is that they have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are - to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals. They resemble Supervisors in their tendency to establish plans for a task, enterprise, or organization, but Fieldmarshals search more for policy and goals than for regulations and procedures.
They cannot not build organizations, and cannot not push to implement their goals. When in charge of an organization, whether in the military, business, education, or government, Fieldmarshals more than any other type desire (and generally have the ability) to visualize where the organization is going, and they seem able to communicate that vision to others. Their organizational and coordinating skills tends to be highly developed, which means that they are likely to be good at systematizing, ordering priorities, generalizing, summarizing, marshaling evidence, and at demonstrating their ideas. Their ability to organize, however, may be more highly developed than their ability to analyze.

Again, I feel that this label is describing me to a T.  Thus, I deem myself an ENTJ - Field Marshal, wonder what taking a personality test would tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment