A look into my life.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Personality – Blog Post #2

I took the personality test  and it turns out that I must be an ENTJ just as I predicted myself to be, because this test gave me that result as well.



I was correct when guessing my personality type.  It seems as though I am slightly intuitive where I would have guessed that it would have been a bit stronger of a trait.  But, alas, ENTJ through and through.  The various descriptions said that, being an ENTJ, I am a leader and like to gain and share knowledge.  I am also a strong organizer and planner.  I could work on my introvertedness a touch in order to understand myself more and thus be more emotionally connected to others. 

I feel as though the description of an ENTJ is very closely related to what most would describe a teacher as. In a situation where I am working with a group of students, teachers, or principles, I should jump at the opportunity to communicate visions and goals of others to them.  I should also be the one to organize and coordinate when working in a group setting, as my natural instincts are ordering priorities, systematizing, generalizing, summarizing, and marshalling.

Different roles are important in different circumstances. Teams should be analyzed both in terms of what team skills are most needed, and also in relation to what team roles members can play.  The interaction between the different personalities of individuals can be a frequent source of friction, despite having well defined roles within a team. However, this can largely be avoided by understanding and valuing people’s differences. The Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a powerful aid to both team and personal development by providing a well-researched framework for understanding these differences.

 ISTE NETS T - Standard 2c.  Design & Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences & Assessments.  Customize and personalize learning activities to address students' diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment